The prayer dairy is a great source of information for praying with us. There are daily news bites to pray for, or if you can't commit daily, a more general prayer point once a week. The prayer diary is distributed by post with @SU Magazine every four months.
We've published our prayer diary so that you can access it through your phone using the PrayerMate app. Download the app, then subscribe to our feed.
Here's a helping hand to get you all set up:
- Open the app and click on the 'Settings' cog
- Find and click on the option 'Subscribe to online feeds'
- Choose the category 'Mission and Bible Translation'
- You'll find our feed there as 'Scripture Union Scotland'
- Under the actions label at the bottom, click 'Subscribe to this feed'
- Choose which category you want it to appear in (you can change and add your own categories too)
- Pray with us daily!
Get the prayer diary emailed to you every four months as a PDF or sign up to have the prayer points emailed to you daily.
We work pretty far in advance to get the Prayer Diary on your doorstep in time! This means that it often doesn't include our current needs and urgent prayer points - but we'd still love you to pray for them. Sign up for monthly prayer update and at the beginning of every month we'll send you our current prayer requests.
We were never supposed to do this alone! There are many groups across the country meeting to pray for the work of SU Scotland on a regular basis. If you'd like to find out if there is a group near you, or if you want to start your own, please contact the Prayer Coordinator, Elizabeth McDowall, on firstname.lastname@example.org.