Our vision at SU Scotland is to see every child and young person in Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus.
At the heart of our ministry you’ll find two key values:
- Dependence on God: supporting all our work in prayer and rooting it in God’s word, the Bible; keeping in step with God’s Spirit as the one who brings transformation.
Deepening relationships: God made us to live in relationship with him and in community with other people. We are committed to ensuring that every child and young person encountering SU Scotland activities feels valued, welcomed and able to participate regardless of their beliefs, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, ability or disability; and that all volunteers, supporters and staff are treated with love, grace and respect. In all our work, we will seek to ensure the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being and development of each child or young person.
What we do
SU Scotland is a Christian charity with over 2,000 volunteers and 100 staff working in four contexts:
- Schools – supporting pupils’ spiritual development and learning, in schools and activity centres
- Holidays – offering a wide range of residential breaks for 10-18s
- Community-based mission – engaging with children, young people and their families, in partnership with local churches
- Training and equipping - developing young people as followers of Jesus Christ and as leaders
We work in partnership with churches, SU Scotland Associate Trusts and others to help children and young people across Scotland have opportunity to explore the Bible and respond to the significance of Jesus. We offer safe places where they can have fun, meet new challenges, feel valued, accepted and free to express their views and consider their own beliefs as they engage with peers and Christian leaders. We aim to prioritise the needs of those from a disadvantaged background in all our activities.