Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Visitor statistics cookies
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
What personal information does Scripture Union Scotland collect about you?
The types of information we gather include:
- Information you give us:We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our provision of resources and communicating with you.
- Automatic collection of information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us such as when you fill out online forms. We also collect information on the type of browser and computer you use for statistical purposes, but this information is never linked to your personal details.
- Information from other sources: We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our delivery agents or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.
What are cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and keep records of your previous visits.
Do we share your personal information?
Scripture Union Scotland does not share your personal information with any third party companies except such companies as are employed by SU Scotland for the purpose of administrating mailings on behalf of SU Scotland.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights and those of our users
Can I access any personal information you hold on me?
Access to information that may be held is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Please get in contact with the Data Protection Officer to enquire about the procedure for accessing personal information held on file about yourself.
What options do I have?
As discussed above, you can always opt not to provide information, however some personal contact details are needed in order to send you communications from SU Scotland. You can always add, remove or update certain information such as your name, address and other contact details. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions, notices and revisions
a) This website is provided by Scripture Union Scotland on an "as is" basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information content materials or products included on this site. You agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
b) Unless otherwise specified, the services provided on this website are for your sole personal and non-commercial use. You may not copy, distribute, modify, display, publish or sell any information, artwork, products or services obtained from the website.
c) To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Scripture Union Scotland disclaims all warranties express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
d) Scripture Union Scotland does not warrant that this website its servers or e-mail sent from Scripture Union Scotland are free from viruses or other harmful components.
e) Scripture Union Scotland will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website including but not limited to damages for consequential loss.
f) You may not use bulletin boards, chatrooms or other interactive areas on this site for unlawful, questionable or immoral purposes.
g) These exclusions of liability will not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Scripture Union Scotland or any of its employees or agents.
h) All material on this website, unless otherwise credited to the relevant copyright owner with appropriate permission, is © Copyright 2004 - 2015 Scripture Union Scotland. All rights reserved.