‘Light up Christmas’ is a free interactive resource for Primary Schools from SU Scotland and SU Ireland.
See below for full resource overview.
The resource helps children explore what Christians believe about Christmas, meeting the following Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes;
- Through investigating the ways in which Christians mark major life events and times of year, I can explain key features of such festivals and celebrations. RME 2-03b
- I can show understanding of Christian beliefs and explore the similarities and differences between these and my developing beliefs. RME 2-01c
- I can describe the practices and traditions of Christianity and have considered the way these have influenced Scottish society. RME 2-03c
- I am developing respect for others and my understanding of their beliefs and values. RME 2-07a
- Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through activities within art and design. EXA 2-05a
- Talking and Listening – Creating Texts - I am developing confidence when engaging with others within and beyond my place of learning. I can communicate in a clear, expressive way and I am learning to select and organise resources independently. LIT 2-10a
full resource coming 1 DECEMBER 2020
Sign up below to receive notifications and full resource when available