Coming summer 2020... a new festival for scotland's young people
This summer’s Soul Survivor at Lendrick Muir will be the final one… but it’s not the end of the road. It turns out that a summer festival at Lendrick Muir is just such a good idea that a new event is emerging for 2020!
SU Scotland, along with Powerpoint Scotland and other friends, are picking up the baton and are working together to deliver a youth festival as part of the summer programme.
A small Planning Team has been put together to get things off the ground which will draw in contributions from a broad range of other individuals and ministry partners. A Festival Coordinator is currently being recruited.
Robin MacLellan, Director of Residentials and Resources at SU Scotland, explains, ‘It has been a fantastic experience to work closely with Soul Survivor over the last few years and we want to continue the focus of a festival with a real evangelistic edge which is accessible for all young people, whether they have a church connection or not. We’re also excited by the opportunities this event will create to get young people directly involved in serving in a range of ways and help grow the next generation of Christian leaders.’
We’ll be firming up dates very soon (expected to be 25-29 July 2020, but stand by for final confirmation) and the venue will be Lendrick Muir.
- Sign up to the Festival Mailing list
- Follow the Festival on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates
- Check out the Festival Coordinator job on our job page
- Got a great idea for the Festival's name? Let us know
- Please pray for the genesis of this 2020 event as we pick up the baton from Soul Survivor and look to honour God in creating something fresh and authentic that will equip the next generation of young people here in Scotland