We know it's a tad boring, but it really is important!
- Alternative placements: If you are unavailable for placements during the school holidays, contact us to discuss alternatives. These might include residential weekends or helping to lead school SU Groups during the academic year. If your church is running a summer holiday club or other outreach event, these could also act as your placement.
- Placements in your own church: Different financial arrangements apply for placements in your own church. Contact us if you would like to discuss this.
- If possible, please make your donation towards the cost of the programme (£300) in advance, otherwise not later than the Review weekend. We are happy to receive it in several instalments. Download our support pack for suggestions on support-raising. Donations can be made online. If you haven't made your donation by the Review Weekend, we'll be in touch to check how you're doing.
- Travel to and from events: Organising your travel to and from all events is your own responsibility. We will do our best to link you up with others travelling to the same event as you. For some training and review events, we may arrange minibus or coach travel from Glasgow or Edinburgh. You will be able to select this when you book, at additional cost. Details will be sent to you about 3 weeks before the event.
- Volunteer application process: Once we have received your application, we will ask you to complete the SU Scotland Volunteers application process and apply for Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme (PVG Scheme). Everyone involved in SU Scotland's ministry among young people is required to complete this paperwork.
- After COmMISSION: All participants are encouraged to continue in mission with SU and their church during the school year, e.g. through helping to run school SU Groups and residential weekends. If you attend a Basecamp, we encourage you to return the following year to participate in LeadUP.
- How does my age affect my involvement in COmMISSION? Basecamps are for those in S5 or S6 at school, or who have left school but are under 18. If you are in S4, we ask that you wait a year before attending Basecamp, even if you are 16. LeadUP is for those over 18, and for those aged 17 who attended Basecamp the previous year. LeadUP is aimed primarily at the 18 to 25 age-group, but there is no upper age limit. In some cases we may suggest that those who attend Basecamp at 16 should attend an advanced stream at Basecamp Kingscross the following year, before attending LeadUP when they are 18.
- Photographs and video: photos and videos taken at SU Scotland events may be used for publicising SU Scotland. Please inform your event leader if you do not wish your photo to be used for this purpose.