Basecamp is for you if you are 16-18, in S5 or S6 at school.
Basecamp Kingscross (Arran): 17-23 June 2019
All Basecamp events include worship, teaching, training sessions, activities and time to relax. Over and over again, people talk of the huge benefit of Basecamp as a place to go deeper in faith, get into the Bible, learn new skills and develop lasting friendships.
Basecamp is a weekend or week long training event aimed at helping to prepare you for the role of Trainee Leader at SU Scotland events this year. There will be excellent Bible engagement sessions, group discussion and key workshops designed to help you develop the skills you need to work with children and young people and introduce them to the Christian faith. You can expect to think about:
- how you can help with small group teaching
- how to care for your small group of young people
- how best to answer young people’s questions
- the purpose of games and how to lead them
- how to encourage positive behaviour
Each Basecamp trainee has an Advisor who helps them to put together their own training plan.