This year another team will be heading out from Holyrood Evangelical Church to join SU Hungary in their summer camps. We will be travelling out together but going to two different camps, which run from 13- 17 July.
We are all eagerly looking forward to returning and spending time with the children (aged 6-14). It's a wonderful opportunity to teach the Bible, give English lessons and share God’s love. Once again we thank you for your encouragement and support and invite you to remember us in prayer during this time.
A few of us will be going to Nagytarcsa, a small town on the outskirts of Budapest. Last year approximately 40 children attended and the week was focused on the Christian armour, centring on the life of Peter. We joined the Hungarian team who were a group of older teenagers from the local church; this team led small group discussions while we led the English classes and Bible teaching.
We’re looking forward to working together again, this year our theme is Paul’s conversion and how God used him to spread the gospel.
The rest of us are returning south to Siklos near the Croatian border. Last year there were just over 20 children and the theme this year will be the same as at Nagytarsca.
Pray for us
- For SU Hungary and Tamas, the camps’ organiser
- The team as we prepare for and travel to Hungary
- For good health and energy during the camps
- For the Hungarian leaders and team members
- For the children; to build upon relationships formed last year and for those new to camp
- Give thanks for more time to spend with Hungarian friends whom we’ve met over the years