Following on from the feature article in the summer edition of @SU, here are some questions to help you prepare for your week of holiday or mission, and then evaluate the whole experience afterwards.
Planning (a few weeks before):
- Jot down a few positive words that describe you
- What particular gifts or skills do you believe God has given you, that you might bring to the team?
- What are you most looking forward to about the event?
- What questions or concerns do you have right now?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience?
Preparation (the week before your event):
- What specific tasks are you undertaking? Are you clear about what they involve?
- Who are you responsible for? How do you feel about this role?
- Do you need more information about the programme, the site, expectations?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What would you value prayer for?
Evaluation ( after the event):
- What were the highlights of the event?
- How did you see God at work?
- What did you learn that you can use at home, at work, at church?
- How did this event help your own spiritual journey?