Schools Ministry Coordinator for Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, and Inverclyde
- Part-time Maternity Cover – Autumn 2021/22
- Salary for 15 hours/2 day per week £9,378 - £10,010
- Closing date: Monday 6th August 2021
While our Regional Worker is on Maternity Leave, we are looking to have support in place for certain areas of that ministry. We are therefore looking for a candidate with experience of Christian ministry with children and/or young people in a schools setting; someone who has led teams of volunteers and is a confident communicator of Biblical truth with a wide age range of young people.
Working in partnership with our Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire & Inverclyde Regional Worker, Jenny Hamill and our West Team Leader, Carol Baird, the role involves supporting and growing SU ministry in all parts of the region by:
- visiting SU Groups to encourage and support both leaders and young people
- recruiting and meeting new volunteers to equip and accredit them for working on SU teams
- training and induction for volunteers
- promoting senior pupil events such as the Go Conference
- promoting SU Holidays
- keeping the opportunities and needs of SU ministry before supporters and churches in Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and Inverclyde
The candidate should be able to work from home, with access to an office base in the area as regulations around office-based working allow. Some part time administrative support is provided from our Glasgow office.
For this post, it is essential that you able to demonstrate a commitment to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
Salary for 15 hours/2 day per week £9,378 - £10,010 per annum plus a generous pension scheme.
More information and an application pack can be downloaded here and returned to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 6th August 2021 Interview date: Friday 20th August 2021