Youth worker, Montrose area
- Full time - 37.5 hours
- Closing date - Monday 17 May
MYPlace is a church-based youth and children’s project for Montrose and area, jointly funded by the Church of Scotland and the Rank Foundation. The project is for all of the town’s young people with the 3 local Church of Scotland congregations providing support and line management.
This is a job which is full of opportunities to get alongside local young people; getting to know them through working with them, supporting them in their day to day lives and helping them explore what it means to be a Christian. The work is valued and there has been a warm welcome for the project in the schools where much of the work has been carried out.
Previous youth workers have found the post to be very varied and have enjoyed experiences such as:
- Leading interactive RME lessons in primary schools
- Helping with schools’ Fairtrade activities
- Running SU groups in both a primary and secondary school
- Supporting holiday clubs, Messy Church and a youth club
- Preparing resources to support RME teaching in schools in an online environment
You’ll be encouraged to take the initiative, using your gifts to shape the work, and to involve others, working with volunteers who are keen to support you.
To find out more and to get an application form we would invite you to visit this page.
Please do. We’d be delighted if you thought that this could be YOURplace.