Youth Worker with “eXp – Experiencing Faith in Cowal”, an interdenominational Christian Youth Work Charity based in Dunoon
Hours: 40 per week
This is a fixed-term post for 18 months. eXp will actively seek funding for extension of the post.
Salary: £25,122 p.a.
Closing Date: 31st August 2020
Purpose of appointment
To enhance the growth of eXp’s reach in connecting with young people in the communities in Cowal. Creating a fun, stimulating, inclusive & safe environment where young people can contribute and feel they can invite others to be take part too. The aim is to work as a part of a team in order to transform lives, helping them to be confident, feel accepted, gain leadership skills and exposing them to the Christian lifestyle – encouraging them into a positive destination where they can thrive.
In this role you will take an active role in an already established and effective team, helping to develop fresh expressions of church and community work amongst young people, many of whom are disaffected and disadvantaged. This is an exciting opportunity to work with young people of all faith backgrounds and none and in a variety of settings.
- To work within a team running community and church youth activities and be a part of the planning and implementing of these activities when they happen, including a regular Friday Night Youth Club in Dunoon.
- To work with 4 rural primary schools in Cowal and develop and spearhead a weekly afterschool club for Primary 6 & 7 pupils.
- To be a part of the ongoing work of eXp in Dunoon Grammar School. Assisting in planning and running school lunchtime clubs. At some lunchtimes your role will be to wander the school forum and reach out to familiar and new young people.
- To be a part of weekly team meetings, Bible Studies, Prayer times. You will also be required to attend the eXp Resource Group meetings every 2 to 3 months and our monthly leaders/volunteers meeting.
- To spend time in the community & churches talking to the young people and inviting them to join in youth activities, and liaising with Church leaders to encourage partnership working.
The Youth Worker must be a practising Christian, regularly attending church and have a heart for God, and a desire to grow in faith. This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Equality Act 2010.
For further information about eXp, see:
For further details and how to apply, contact Dr Chris Brett at email@example.com.