Salary: £9,686 - £10,420 (dependent on experience)
Hours: Part Time 19 hours (2.5 days) per week
Scripture Union Scotland's vision is to see the children and young people of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus. We are a national charity, with almost 100 staff and over 2,000 volunteers. Our activities take place in schools, outdoor activity centres, churches and online.
SU Holidays is operated by SU Scotland and organises and runs around 100 holiday events for children and young people across Scotland. We are recruiting a Facilities Officer working from our Scoughall Campsite with the potential option of some working from home or from SU Scotland’s Edinburgh office. Working as part of the SU Holidays team, the successful applicant will manage the facilities at both Scoughall and (remotely) at the Kingscross campsite on the Isle of Arran. They will ensure that the sites are well-maintained and comply fully with all necessary legislative and safety requirements. The role will also have oversight of the management and distribution of all SU Holidays equipment.
The role is varied and includes responsibility in the following areas:
- Ensuring the reliable delivery of essential services (i.e. plumbing, electrical, drainage, telecoms etc) at both campsites.
- Ensuring that the infrastructure of both campsites are well-maintained, and appliances and equipment are in good working order.
- Perform the role of Health & Safety Officer at both campsites ensuring the sites are compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Liaising with key volunteers, managing bookings and welcoming guests when their group first arrives on site (only at Scoughall).
- Maintain and manage all of SU Holidays’ equipment (including all canvas) and arrange the distribution of equipment to all events.
For this post, it is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and are able to demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation.
The successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
For more information and to make an application please use the links on this page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR department on 0141 352 7634.
Closing date: Thursday 25th January 2018
Interview: Thursday 1st February 2018