Lendrick Muir, near KINROSS
Starting as soon as available
£550 per month plus food and accommodation package
Could this be for me?
Do you want to:
- Support a vibrant Christian ministry working with children and young people?
- Grow as a Christian disciple through practical service?
- Develop life skills and gain practical work experience?
- Have a job where all food and accommodation is provided?
- Serve for a year at a Christian residential activity centre?
If so, the role of Centre Support Worker at Lendrick Muir could be for you!
What’s it all about?
This challenging and varied role is designed to underpin all aspects of centre life and ministry working across the full range of teams at Lendrick Muir but with a focus on House and Catering. Here are some examples of what you might find yourself doing during your time with us:
- Assisting the Activities team with a Campfire evening or an Archery session
- Helping in the Catering team to prepare food and serve it to our guests
- Working in the House team to clean bedrooms or bathrooms
- Getting outside with the Facilities team to cut grass or grit paths
- Responding to queries or phone calls in the Office
- Supporting Time for Reflection sessions with the School Programme team
- Preparing and leading a Morning Thought devotion for the full staff team
Who would I be working for?
SU Scotland is a registered charity, our vision is to see the children and young people of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus.
Lendrick Muir is a Christian residential activity centre run by SU Scotland, near Kinross. The centre has 150 beds and is set within a beautiful 120 acre estate. School holiday times are fully booked with SU Holidays while weekends see a range of groups enjoying the facilities. During term-time, the centre offers residential activity breaks to visiting school groups.
What about the practicalities?
You will be expected to work an average of 37.5 hours a week which is subject to variation according to seasonal hours, with some evening and weekend work.
For this post we will provide you with food and onsite accommodation, with your own bedroom in a shared house plus a monthly allowance of £550. Full on-the-job training will be provided in the role. The role is for a fixed term of one year. It may be possible to extend for a further year.
For this post, it is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and are able to demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
The successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
Further information and an application pack can be downloaded from the links below. Alternatively, if you have any questions or would like to arrange to visit Lendrick Muir, you can email us at email@example.com or call 0141 352 7634.
Closing date: 1st June 2018
Scripture Union Scotland is an equitable employer and operates a child protection policy.