Youth and Children’s Worker
- Full time 37½ hours per week
- Salary in the region of £20K- £23K per annum
- Clydesdale area of South Lanarkshire
About the role
- Are you passionate about helping children and young people explore the Bible?
- Are you an effective communicator in various settings?
- Have you the ability to motivate others and inspire confidence?
- Do you have teaching or youth work experience?
- Are you both self-motivated and an adaptable team player?
Clydesdale Christian Youth Trust is a registered charity, working in partnership with Scripture Union Scotland, to help young people in the Clydesdale area of South Lanarkshire to explore the significance of Jesus Christ in their lives. The work will principally be in the Primary and Secondary Schools of the Area but will extend to residential establishments, missions and churches.
The person appointed will have some experience of schools’ ministry. The position has two interconnected roles:
- To work with the 2CYTrust Management Team and local churches to develop strategies foreffective ministries to young people of school age.
- To work with the chaplaincy teams, school managements, Scripture Union Scotland and other volunteers from the churches in the Clydesdale Area of South Lanarkshire to develop and deliver an effective Christian schools work.
It is important that you are committed to the ethos of Scripture Union Scotland and to its working principles and vision and would demonstrate this through your motivation and commitment. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
An application pack is available by contacting: The Secretary, Nicola Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for completed applications is 19th March 2021.
Interviews will likely take place online Tuesday 6th April 2021.
The interview will be made up of 3 specific areas: A presentation, questions on theology and skills and an online interaction with a group of children.
Proposed start date 17th May 2021.
Scottish Charity No SC039824