Young People and Families Worker
Salary: £27,000 - £31,000 pa, (pro rata, dependent on experience)
Contract: Full Time – 37 hours per week
Location: Chryston Parish Church, Glasgow
Closing date: Friday 17 November, 12noon
- Interview date: W/C Monday 27 November
Chryston Church is a Bible believing, gospel focussed church. We have:
- A lively congregation with around 150 attending worship each week, and 13 small groups of 100+ people meeting for prayer, bible study and pastoral support
- A Monday morning Tiny Tunes activity of around 75 children and 75 carers, a Youth Café Hub, and Sunday X-Groups for all ages of young people and
- Excellent links with nearby local schools
Our vision is for people of all ages in our community, to become followers of Jesus, and we have a passion to share the Gospel and God’s love with as many people as possible. We would love to see them take their place, fully part of the church family.
We have a strong band of volunteers, and a recently established Young People and Families Team, who are very keen to develop, with our new Worker, an innovative plan to grow this work.
Additionally, our Congregation has recently committed to fully funding the salary of this post, for the next 5 years in the first instance, as well as the expense of our Young People and Families Programme.
Main purpose of the post
To work alongside our Young People and Families Team, and our volunteers, to develop and implement an effective Young People and Families Programme, and which seeks to:
- Take the Gospel out into our community, to engage with young people and families, introducing them to the love of Jesus, and to help them to grow to become mature followers of Jesus
- Enthuse, inspire, develop and support all our volunteers, and encourage a sharing of faith, ideas, and experiences.
Youth Worker skills and experience
We are looking for someone who:
- is a committed Christian, who loves working with Families and Young People, and sharing the Gospel
- is an enthusiastic and dynamic leader, who is very well organised, and can develop strong supportive relationships with those that they work with.
- Has previous relevant work experience with, for example - young people and families, a school’s environment, Christian outreach, SU camps activities or other similar.
- May have a degree or accredited training relevant to the post – though this is not essential
We encourage you to apply for the role, even if you don’t feel you meet all the listed criteria.
Please note that:
It is an occupational requirement (Equality Act – part 1, schedule 9), that the post holder is a committed Christian.
In order to comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, the successful applicant will be asked to provide documents confirming their availability to work in the UK.
The Job Description provides more information and can be downloaded from - Chryston Church Website
If you would like to talk to us before applying, please contact Dr Gary Macfarlane on 07515650299, or by email: email@example.com
or if not available then:
Rev Mark Malcolm – Church Minister, on 07731 737377, or MMalcolm@churchofscotland.org.uk
Applications should include:
- A Curriculum Vitae, that shares your skills and experience
- A Cover Letter, and which particularly outlines your reasons for applying for this job.
These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to 10 Broom Gardens, Lenzie, Glasgow. G66 4EH
Chryston Parish Church Scottish Charity No:- SC006752