Schools Ministry Co-ordinator - Ayrshire
Salary: £23,913 - £25, 526 per annum for full-time, pro-rated for part time; plus generous pension scheme and other benefits
Contract: Part time: Part-time - 0.6FTE/Fixed term for 3 years
- Location: Home working with access to Gowanbank office
Closing date: Thursday 28th July 2022
Interview date: Friday 26th August 2022
Start Date: Autumn 2022
WHO we are
Scripture Union Scotland's vision is to see all the children and young people of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus. We are a national charity, with around 100 staff and over 2,000 volunteers. Our activities take place in schools, outdoor activity centres, and churches.
We are seeking a part-time Schools Ministry Coordinator to join our National Ministries Team and be part of this impactful ministry.
To be part of the National Ministries team, developing SU Scotland’s ministry in schools across Ayrshire.
Working closely with SU Scotland staff, volunteers in the area and local churches, you would be involved in:
- Visiting existing SU Scotland Groups to encourage and support both leaders and young people
- Building upon the existing work to see new schools work within the area
- Recruiting and equipping new volunteers, and preparing them for service on SU teams
- Promoting senior pupil events and our COmMISSION programme for young leaders
- Promoting SU Holidays, and Ayrshire regional weekends
- Sharing the opportunities and needs of SU Scotland ministry with supporters and churches in Ayrshire
- Raising support to enable ministry to happen within the area
who we are looking for
The successful applicant will work alongside the existing Ayrshire Regional Worker completing our staff team in this area. Ideally you will have experience of schools’ work and Christian ministry with children and/or young people; someone who has led teams of volunteers and is a confident communicator of Biblical truth with a wide age range of young people. You should be willing to work from home, with access to an office base in Gowanbank, and be prepared to support and grow SU ministry in North, East and South Ayrshire.
For this post, it is important that you able to demonstrate a commitment to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
If you’d like to find out more, please contact our West Team Leader, Carol Baird at email@example.com.
For more information click the button below. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 352 7634.
Scripture Union Scotland is an equitable employer and operates a child protection policy. Scottish Charity No. SC01122