house team member (PT) - lendrick muir
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Contract: Part time: 8 – 24 hours per week/Fixed term for 1 year
Closing date: 18th July 2022
Interview date: End of July - date TBC
Start Date: September 2022
WHO we are
Scripture Union Scotland is a national charity, with around 100 staff and over 2,000 volunteers. Our vision is to see every child and young person of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus.
Our centres regularly host school groups participating in residential experiences, youth groups enjoying weekend breaks and a variety of SU Holidays. Making the most of the stunning opportunities that Scotland’s countryside affords, we use outdoor activities to build relationships with young people, enabling them to have fun, develop new skills and work together.
We currently have a vacancy for a part time House team member to be based at our Lendrick Muir Centre, near Kinross. Lendrick Muir is set in 120 acres of grounds with accommodation for up to 165 guests.
As a member of the house team, to support in the cleaning and preparation of the centre for guests.
- Cleaning and preparing bedrooms, bathrooms and all Centre areas for guest use, as well as maintaining areas where staff use.
- Assisting with complete house turnarounds, mainly working as part of a team but also at times on your own maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within a time schedule
- Regular bathroom cleaning and daily cleaning routines throughout the building.
- A small amount of help with laundry, moving linen between laundry and main house, washing and folding of cloths and kitchen linens.
- Taking responsibility for restocking chemicals and cleaning materials as required. Observing health and safety procedures.
- Reporting breakages
- Assisting with deep cleaning schedules
- Occasionally assisting other departments, as required
- Participate fully in the life and ministry of the Lendrick Muir Centre and the wider Scripture Union Scotland organisation
who we are looking for
We are seeking applicants who enjoy working alongside others as we often work as a team to carry out house turnarounds between group visits - usually to a tight time schedule. The successful applicant will be committed to high standards of excellence in all aspects of their work.
The successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
For more information click the button below. Or email us at email@example.com or call us on 0141 352 7634.
Alternatively, if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit to Lendrick Muir, call Louise on 01577 842016 or email Louise.Slowman@suscotland.org.uk.
Scripture Union Scotland is an equitable employer and operates a child protection policy. Scottish Charity No. SC01122