ASSOCIATE YOUTH WORKER - CONTRAFLOW YOUTH PROJECT
- In association with SU Scotland
- Helensburgh & area
- Hours: Full time (35hrs)
- Salary: Circa £21,000 - £24,000
- Closing date: 5th June, 12noon
Flexible working hours may be considered – Part Time / Job Share
About the role:
- Do you have the skills and abilities to work in Primary and Secondary school?
- Can you skilfully and creatively communicate & share the person of Jesus Christ to children & young people?
- Do you have experience in educational and/or Youth ministry?
- Are you able to aid strategic thinking and encourage others in reaching young people with the gospel?
- Do you desire to make an impact for Christ among young people?
Helensburgh Area Christian Youth Project is an established and successful initiative. We are a registered charity, working in partnership with Scripture Union Scotland, that helps and enables young people in the Helensburgh Area to explore the significance of Jesus Christ for their lives.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Youth Worker, with experience in community/ education based ministry with:-
- A passion for ministry among young people.
- An ability to reach out, engage and build a meaningful mentoring relationship with young people in both their school and community settings, and to mobilise existing Christian youth to effectively reach their peers
- An ability to work with local churches
- An ability to work alongside the Contraflow management group, school management, and volunteers to develop an effective Christian ministry for young people.
It is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and would demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation. It is an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder demonstrates a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
Application pack can be downloaded below.
For more information, email: email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is Noon on Sunday 5th June 2022 - completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed interviews - 18th June