Young people are referred onto an SU Holiday by their youth worker or SU Group leader. The aim of Motiv8 Holidays is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for young people from priority areas to explore the Christian faith. In order to do this we ask that referrers send a known adult to come on the holiday as a leader.
Referrers can also request Motiv8 places at mainstream SU Holidays for any young people in their groups who do not have specific behavioural issues.
All Motiv8 places (at a Motiv8 Holiday or on an SU Holiday) are heavily subsidised, with each child only being asked to pay £50.
How do I become a Motiv8 Holiday referrer?
- Check the criteria below
- Contact John Nonhebel, Urban Ministries Leader by calling 0141 352 7635 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.
Criteria for becoming a Motiv8 Holidays referrer
If you can answer yes to the following questions you may be able to become a Motiv8 Holidays referrer.
- Do you have weekly contact with children and young from deprived backgrounds through a church group/Christian organisation?
- Is the area that you work in significantly affected by poverty?
- Are the children and young people you work with unable to pay more than £50 for an SU Holiday?
- Are you willing to come with the children and young people you refer to Motiv8 Holidays, or send other adults the children know?
- Are you are willing to work within SU Scotland's statement of faith?